To our friends and family....

We hope this site brings lots of smiles and much happiness! We love you all!

Sunday, December 2, 2012

100 miles & $1000 reached in Running for a reason!!

Yes!! It is finished!! I could not be more excited that I am finished with ALL 100 miles of my goal 
for Running for a Reason in November!!! (and yes, I finished them all in November...ha!)

I am even more excited to tell you that so far $1000 has been raised for THE EADY'S to put toward their adoption!!!!

Here are my runs since my mid-way post....
11/14
6 miles
56:35

11/15
3 miles
28:34

11/17
12 miles
2:12:00

11/20
5.32 miles
51:42

11/21
4.18 miles
39:07

11/22
5.32 miles
50:55

11/26
5 miles
46

11/29
5 miles
45:46

And here are a few stats about my runs....
Fastest pace on 11/29 (what can I say it was my last day &I was ready to be FINISHED!)--9:09/Mile

Longest run: 12 miles on 11/17

Time invested: 16.17 hours!!

Total number of workouts: 18 ( which is 5.56 miles per workout or 3.33 miles per day in November)

Doughnuts burned:  67.92 (of which I ate about 6 during the month of November.....ha!)


Thank you so much for those of you who joined in and committed to donating toward The Eady's adoption!! There were quite a few people who pledged $0.25/mile ($25), one person who pledged 0.50/mile ($50), one family who pledged $1/mile and then a family that pledged to match the total donated up to $500!! And guess what?!?! ALL OF THE DONATIONS ADD UP TO $1000!!

If you would still like to donate, it's not too late to join!! And every little bit counts, so even if you donate $5-$10, you'll be making a difference:)

There are 2 ways to donate:
(Please note that these donations ARE NOT tax deductible)

1. Mail a check directly to me and I will write one big check to the Eady's for all the donations I recieve. (If you need my mailing address, feel free to email me at msjones07@gmail.com)

2. Donate directly on the Eady's Adoption page which is linked HERE and if you don't mind, shoot me an email (msjones07@gmail.com) or facebook message letting me know.


And since I wanted to also help raise awareness about adoption, I wanted to include a couple of blogs of friends that have just adopted and are in the process of adopting....be sure to check out their blogs:)



And with that I leave you with this verse......

James 1:27

Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.




1 comment:

  1. Just sent my donation to their account from their blog: You rock!!

    ReplyDelete