November is National Adoption Awareness month.
Scott and I have a some friends who have adopted recently, some who are right in the
middle of the process and some that are praying about adopting.
We even have cousins that were adopted.
But as I think about adoption, the reality is that any Christian,
follower of Jesus Christ, has also been adopted.
We as Christians have all been grafted into God's family!
And praise the Lord for that!!
We get to experience all of God's blessings just because He loves us
and welcomed us in His family through Christ!
For anyone who knows me, knows that adoption has always been dear to my heart,
which is probably why I have been touched by so many adoption stories lately.
Just in talking with friends who have adopted and reading blogs of other friends who are adopting , one of the biggest obstacles in adoption is finances (as adoptions can cost up to 45k...whew!)
Because I want to help raise awareness for the orphans and also help raise funds for adoption,
I totally took my friend, Tiffany's idea and am "running with it" (ha!) to help

Meet Michael and Sarah Beth Eady (and their sweet little girl Addie).
So here's the idea:
I am hoping to raise at least $500 for the Eady's to put toward their adoption!
For the month of November (National Adoption Awareness Month) I would like run for a reason!
I am hoping that 20 friends/families will partner with me and pledge $0.25 for every mile I run (and have run, which is 10 miles so far) in the month of November toward the Eady's adoption.
I am hoping to run between 80-100 miles ($20-25 commitment if you pledge $0.25 per mile) in November,
so if I can get at least 20 friends/families AND I run 100 miles, $500 will be raised for the Eady's to put toward their adoption!!
There's a LONG ROAD AHEAD.....
Will you help me, help the Eady's?
If you are interesting in pledging toward the Eady's adoption, will you please leave a comment on here,
on facebook or email me (msjones07@gmail.com).
You can also directly make a donation HERE
I am in. :) Let me know where to mail the check.
ReplyDeleteJenna, you're awesome!
Delete