To our friends and family....

We hope this site brings lots of smiles and much happiness! We love you all!

Friday, March 8, 2013

Tuscaloosa half marathon 3/2/13


Last Saturday, Scott, Davis, Tim and I ran the Tuscaloosa half marathon!

It has been awhile since I have run in an actual race and I was excited.
It was Davis' first race ever!! Yeah, he skipped right over the 5 and 10k's and started with a half!:)
 Scott, me, Davis trying to stay warm before the race.
 Tim and Scott before the race.

Scott decided before the race that he would stay back with me and Davis
to push us to help me meet my goal of a sub 2 half marathon!
I am so glad that he was there to encourage us and pace us. 
Both Davis and I finished under 2 hours!! 
My time was 1:58:21...yay!!
I couldn't be prouder of my little brother either!!
I have to be honest and say that I was shocked that he not only finished but
stayed with us the entire race!!
The gang (Tim, Davis, me and Scott) after the race and before getting our grub on:)

 
My college friend Whitney also ran and it was so neat to get to see her.
She is training for a half IM in May.

Davis and I showing off our finishers medals!
Davis definetly found his runners high; the afternoon after the race, he was
already talking about the next race:) 

Me and MY MAN!!
Thank you Scott for not only encouraging me and pushing me out of bed 
for my training runs, but for staying back with me to help me reach my goal!!

I think I will do another full marathon eventually, but I have found my new fav--half marathons!!

No comments:

Post a Comment