But just recently got a new bible for Blaine--The Rhyme Bible.
And let me tell you--Blaine loves his new bible!
He also loves his new little book called "The Very First Easter".
I thought Blaine would enjoy reading a story from his new bible each night, but he
has been wanting to read like 4-5 stories each night.....and I'm loving it!
Walt also enjoys reading the bible stories too:)
Not too much more satisfying than seeing your child desire God's word.
I'm really looking forward to watching him grow and learn God's word:)
I've been reading a book called "Raising a Modern Day Joseph" by Larry Fowler,
and have been very encouraged to equip our boys with bible knowledge in hopes that one
day they will be full of wisdom. I was struck by a quote in Fowler's book "You can have
knowledge without wisdom, but you can't have wisdom without knowledge".
I have to admit sharing and teaching my boys is a huge task, but also teaching them about
our Lord and Savior is a great responsibility too. It seems overwhelming to have this
desire to teach and show them all that I can, partially because I dont feel like I have an
extraordinary amount of knowledge (much less wisdom). However, Scott made a good point in that we can just learn with them:) And so that is what we intend to do......
No comments:
Post a Comment