So what do you do when it's 3something in the morning on the day that you are going to have another baby and you can't sleep, your hubby and baby are still asleep, you can't eat or drink anything and it's pitch black outside? YOU BLOG! About what? Anything, everything, nothing. I'm not sure. You think of all the things you want to eat and drink. Even like water. You think of how your life has been....all the memories....the past 28 years (my life), the past 6 years (life with Scott), the past 4 (life being married to Scott), then the past 15 months (life with Blaine). And then anticipate all the change this day will bring. Good and hard change; challenging and joyful times. You think of things like....Today is it!....We may be finished having sweet precious babies....maybe.... Are we? You think of all the people who care about you and your family. Everyone you have already heard from and will hear from within the next few days. And you think about that sweet baby boy that we will meet!....The one God has so blessed us with, entrusted us with.....and how much we will love him and he will love us.
"Wow! Wow!" As Blaine would say in his own little unique way. It's so been such a weird thing the past couple of days how Blaine has all of a sudden been interested in all the baby pictures up around the house. These are baby pictures of him of course, but it's been good I think for him to see Dada and Mama holding the baby. He has been walking around saying "babi, babi". I have been so nervous about how Blaine would feel after Baby boy gets here today.....but I think last night, God knew just what I needed. Blaine and I were in mine and Scott's room when Blaine started looking at the baby picture of himself (the 'babi'to him). I brought the picture a little closer to him and to very much my surprise, all of a sudden, he leans over and kisses the picture. I literally teared up. I think at that moment yesterday, I knew everything would be okay....matter fact, I knew it would be great for the two of them. I pray for close knit brothers through blood, but also through the Lord. I pray that these two will respect, love and cherish each other as brothers and be able to grow old together as friends. I pray they have a special bond that can't be broken.
On a different (and tad bit lighter note), you may wonder what should one do the day before a new baby. Well, I first grabbed breakfast at Chick-fil-A because let's just say it was an interested morning for Blaine and myself. I took Blaine to MDO and then went by Walmart to grab some extra sippy cups for the little man.....and ran into a friend. And then I took part of the morning to relax (even though I was standing) talking to a friend at church. Around noon, I returned home (because Scott would be getting up) to see my hubby:). We grabbed lunch at Wings N More, ran some errands.....really just did things to be together and waste some time, went and picked up Blaine, went to get baby boy's coming home outfit and headed back to the house. Blaine napped, then we all played, we packed (some stuff), Blaine ate.....and went through bedtime routine before laying him down.....I tried not to get too sappy. Scott and I later ran another errand and then went to Cheddar's for dinner, while Erin 'sitted for us. After we returned home, Scott did some stuff around the house, and I took it pretty easy.
........and that's what we did the day before becoming a family of 4......
Who knows what exactly today holds.....we go in to St. Joseph at 10 and the Csection is scheduled at 12. Sometime today, we should be meeting our little guy.....and I'm getting pretty excited about it.......
SO ecstatic for you guys! I'll be thinking about you and praying for you all day! Like, how you're going into the hospital RIGHT NOW! :)
ReplyDeleteLove you guys! Can't wait to get pictures and hear all about it!