To our friends and family....
We hope this site brings lots of smiles and much happiness! We love you all!
Sunday, August 1, 2010
Words, words and more words......
15 months already! I couldn't believe it when we went to see Blaine's doctor on Friday for his 15 month check-up. Blaine weighed 23.2 lbs (between 25th and 50th percentile) and is 32 inches long (75th percentile).....You gotta love all the questions the nurse asks you before the shots..... "Is he using a spoon/fork?" (check), "Does he communicate pleasure/displeasure?" (oh yes...check), "Does he .....? Does he....? Does he....?" (check, Check and check). But my favorite question from her was "Does he use 5-10 words to communicate?" I honestly think I must have laughed out loud. I have to stop here and say as a bragging mother and Speech-Language Pathologist, I took this opportunity to brag on my son to the nurse....."He is definetly using 5-10 words; matter of fact, Scott and I counted up his words the other day and came up with over 20 just off the top of our heads. Since then we must have thought of at least 10 more throughout this week as he has said them." (with a HUGE grin on my face, I'm sure) I'm such a proud mom and Scott is such a proud dad! And so I'll just take a moment (since I have it....) to share with you some (maybe all) of Blaine's words (I'm not phonetically making them look right...just giving you an idea).....Mama, Dada, dod (dog), book, dow (down), Bwu(Blue), do (go), uu(up), mil(milk), wawa (water)....and sometimes I swear it sounds like he's saying 'agua' as he drinks his water....bye/bye, hey, Pa (for his Pops), Didi (for his Gigi), Pappaw, Mammaw, Cot (for Scott....yes, he mimiced me and now says Scott), ea (eat), me, ba (ball), duck, wak (quack), neigh, ca (cat), moo, ni-ni (night, night), Reda (for our neighbor Mrs. Loretta), Iper (diaper), mo (more), no, eese (cheese), kaka (cracker), Kaka (Parker...my friend Ashley's son and Blaine's friend), oow (school), ow-si (outside), wok (block), caw (car), ho (hot), co (cold), etc...etc...It's hard for me not to write these phonetically but I'm sure most of you wouldn't know what he was trying to say if I did...so maybe you can tell how he says each one a little anyway. Yeah, it's a lot of words huh?.....and that's all I could think of off the cuff....real, quick like.... The other part of this too is that Blaine attempts to repeat a lot of what Scott and I say....and yes, he has been told Little brother's name, but I dont think he'll be sharing until Wednesday.... Yeah, can you believe it? Only a few more days....well, 3 days and a few hours to be more accurate..... I have such mixed feelings....ready, not ready....excited, anxious, scared, guilty, happy..... But I think it's time to move from this roller coaster of emotions to the next.....:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You are an awesome mom and I hope you know it!
ReplyDeleteLove you girl!
I am anxious to hear baby 2's name, so please give me a ring when he is here!! Love you and thinking about you!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad that Parker made the list of words! :) Be thankful that you didn't tell me until I read this that Blaine knows little brothers name. ;) Can't wait to hear on Wednesday!
ReplyDelete