To our friends and family....

We hope this site brings lots of smiles and much happiness! We love you all!

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Takin' it back to Rockin' C Ranch

I love going into Blaine's room to get in the morning or after a nap and seeing his sweet little face. It just makes me so happy!
And speaking of faces, he's starting making all sorts of different facial expressions, but I have two favorites....
One where he puckers his lips and squints his eyes just before fake crying....
And the other he squints his little eyes and smiles (but sticks out his bottom tooth)....it's precious. I have worked hard to get a picture of both, but have yet to be successful.....but if I am, you'll know because there will definetly be a blog post.
Blaine absolutely loves to read books. He sits still for a long time listening to me read (no kidding....one time I read 10 books in one sitting....he didn't move an inch! And we aren't talking little board books....) I had to get a quick picture of Blaine reading to himself.
*Notice, that Blaine is on the couch....I think that's one of his new favorite things...climbing up and down, on and off the couch*

So we rented a camper to take to Rockin' C for the weekend.....here she is.....
Going back to Rockin' C is always exciting.....both Scott and myself fell in love with the camp, staff and just being there.....
(this picture is way back from camp days in 2004)
But probably one of the best things about Rockin' C is it's where Scott and I met. It's crazy to think if either of us had not been a summer camp counselor, that'd we'd never have met.....
Here are a few pictures from the good ole camp days (back in 2004)....



This picture was at barn dance in 2004....
This was a barn dance during one of visits back to see old friends in 2007.
More of our 2007 visit.....
And the visit this past weekend.....
(Blaine with Nathan 'petting' the horse...or 'dog-dog' as Blaine says)During our stay we were able to celebrate Katherine's birthday by eating pound cake (from Janie's Cakes....:) )with Katherine, Iyler, Mrs. Janie and later Mr. Matt.....Nathan had to work:(
Blaine and I were able to spend a lot of time with Katherine and Iyler. Scott worked on cutting up some trees that had fallen on the fence line.... We hung out with the Clapp and Crow family a lot..... and just enjoyed being at the ranch. We all had a blast!
One funny story....On Sunday (I think) Blaine and I rode with Scott in "The Duck" (the old and totaled might I add Surburban...it's a ranch truck, dont worry) with a trailer so Scott could load up some wood..... Scott was backing up down this bumpy road and I kept saying "Whoa! Whoa!".....(talking about the bumps) and next thing we know Blaine is saying "Whoa! Whoa!" each time we hit a bump. We got extremely dirty too....I might add....

Can you tell he loves being outside?
And Blaine even liked the camper.....Family picture at Rockin' C Ranch 2010
It's crazy to think about all the memories we have at Rockin' C and all the blessing the Lord has brought us because we were both faithful to his call.....
And this was tonight at supper....I know...I have about a millioin pictures of Blaine in his highchair but he was so messy....and so adorable!


And last but not least.....CONGRATS TO MY WONDERFUL HUBBY FOR GETTING THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE AWARD FOR THE BEST POLICE OFFICER!!! (& there will be an article in the June 27th paper) I LOVE YOU!! You deserve it.....you are the best!

1 comment:

  1. let me just say... I love this post. Blaine is getting cuter by the day and you too little mama! I'm so glad to see a preggo pic! I can't imagine why you didn't want to re-create the barn dance picture this year!!

    Congrats Scott!!!

    ReplyDelete