To our friends and family....

We hope this site brings lots of smiles and much happiness! We love you all!

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

"They all fall 'dow' (that'd be 'down' in not Blaine words)"

Did I ever mention that Blaine is not only THE most adorable baby, but the smartest?
(story to follow)
Here are a couple of pictures from after lunch.....
Dada and Blaine washing their hands (really Blaine's hands) after he ate....

And I realized that I haven't mentioned or posted any pictures of the dogs in a looong time....
so without farther adue (is that really how that is spelled?).....
Bailey and Lexi...
Short attention span when they think there are squirrels outside....
Okay, so the story.....
This morning, really around lunch, Scott was holding Blaine and would say "They all fall...." to which Blaine would finish his sentence with "dow" and then Scott would bend his waist and both Dada and Blaine would go flying down towards the floor.....(not a real good description, but hopefully you get what they were doing).....
One of the smart things....and funny....is that blaine would finish Scott's sentence in anticipation of 'flying down'. I did get a video, but can't get it to load (actually I was impatient and didn't wait on it to download:))
Well, this afternoon.....as I got home from work, Blaine was waking up from his afternoon nap (talk about perfect timing)....
And I was greeted with "'that' smile I told you about yesterday"....which totally made me laugh out loud....and then of course, Blaine started laughing...(such a happy guy).
As Blaine began to stand up in his crib, I said "They all fall..." (pause)
(Blaine:)'dow'....as he curplunks to the mattress to sit down....and begins laughing so hard.
And we do it again....
"They all fall"......
"Dow"......as he squats to the mattress as he's hysterically laughing....
And we do it again....and again....and again....I mean this was hilarious stuff to our little guy!! And Blaine was getting into it...

The fun even continued after I picked him from the bed and we enter the living room....
he crawls up the couch....looks to me like..."ok, come on"
and we play the 'they all fall dow' game again and again using the couch and floor....and apparently it just kept getting more funny with each time.....

Finally I think I broke the 'silly' moment with asking Blaine if he wanted to read a book.....(works every time!) so we read a couple of books (which I am ready to take back to the library and get some different ones....before I go CRAZY!)

Later this afternoon the three of us had a good time grocery shopping at HEB...
I couldn't believe our bill was so high since we'd just bought groceries less than 2 weeks ago.....but we have been eating at home A LOT more and our going out to eat fund has been nonexistent, as in we havent used it alot. Plus, I didn't even hassle with bringing the coupon box.....(we needed to be in and out in an hour)....AND I had just bought 3 boxes of cereal (Frosted Flakes...and not the cheap stuff...the real deal), 2 glad plug-in singles, Fantastik and Scubble Bubbles bathroom cleaner (all things we needed) from CVS the day before for $4.74. Anyway, I was glad to have Scott with me and neither of us wanted to dig through coupons today.....And now that I think of it....we'd only have saved like $3-5 since we knew what we needed....so not terribly disappointing.
I'm sure it was dissappointing the cashier....not because of our saving or not savings deal....but because Blaine refused to give her a high five.
He did wave and say 'bye' to her though.....it was cute....as he'd shy away.

After the groceries were unloaded.....Scott went to the church to work....and I fed and then bathed Blaine.
Blaine kept saying "Didi" for "Gigi", "Papaw" and "Mammaw", and we are working on "Pops" too. (Is this helping to convince any of my family they need to come visit soon....???)

The little man of the family is growing up so big.....talks ( & mimics) all the time!!!....we'd love to have company.....:) HINT! HINT!:)

Okay....my sleeping pill is kicking in....I'm going to bed! Night night! Love you all....

1 comment:

  1. Isnt it soo much fun right now??? LOL Jackson does the same stuff and we just die laughing at him. They are so funny and cute right now. Now when we get in the car to go somewhere Jackson says "go" and he shakes his finger up and down when we say "no more monkeys jumping on the bed"!! So whenever he hears "no more" he shakes that finger. THEY ARE SO SMART! I never thought it would be so much fun to watch them learn. Holy cow. We need to get together soon so our boys can play and talk to each other!

    ReplyDelete