To our friends and family....

We hope this site brings lots of smiles and much happiness! We love you all!

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A dozen pink roses, great dinner/movie, 4 dresses, a set of pearls and a busted lip!

Let me start by saying......I have no pictures for the blog today, but don't stop reading yet. I want to tell you how great my husband is.....


First of all.....
about a week ago, Scott bought me 4 (maternity) dresses for the summer!! And they are super cute....or at least I think so.....
Then....yesterday was my 'real' birthday (and I was not expecting any gifts).......
I had such a bad attitude yesterday because well, I had expectations that I didn't think
were going to be met. I feel like God continues to tell me over and over again....stop having
all these expectations of others....find contentment in me and me alone.
But......
with all the said, I still did have a bad attitude. Since yesterday was my birthday (I turned 21;) ) I really wanted to have a date night with my hubby. However, all week, he mentioned nothing except that our family (Scott, me and Blaine) would be going to dinner at a resturant of my choice for dinner..... Dont get me wrong....I dont mind going to eat, the three of us, but I was just wanting one on one time with Scott. And when I didn't think that was going to happen (and aftera few other happenings) I let myself have a bad attitude......but I couldn't be too upset because when I got home from working a couple of hours yesterday morning, there were a DOZEN PINK ROSES
arranged in a vase on our kitchen table!! That did make me happy. Since I didn't think
Scott and I would be having a dinner date last night, I was really slow to get ready. And let's
just say when Carol showed up last night to babysit I was not expecting her nor was I ready for
our date:).
And the date Scott planned.....
Movie together: The Last Song (which I have wanted to see for a long time now) and
Dinner and Dessert at La Riveria.....it was really good.....but the best part was we had reservations! We had a great time...... We went to the movie first and then dinner. Between the movie and dinner, Scott surprised me with a set of real pearl stud earrings!!! (soooo excited!) I was able to wear the earrings to dinner!!!
I have to say my birthday was great and I loved our date night:)
And about the busted lip.....I dont have a busted lip but our poor baby must have slipped this morning (in his bed) and hit his lip....because it has been swollen all day....poor sweet Blaine!

3 comments:

  1. thank you for reminding me about the expectations we put on people!! wow did i need that today. happy birthday friend! i'm so glad you and scott had time together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Way to go Scott! Glad you had a wonderful birthday, Shannon, you certainly deserve it! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete