To our friends and family....

We hope this site brings lots of smiles and much happiness! We love you all!

Thursday, April 22, 2010

HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY MY SWEET PRECIOUS ANGEL!

Dear Blaine,
Son....I dont know even where to begin....there is just so much I could and want to say. You have brought so much to my life and taught me so much this past year. I can't imagine my life without you....and I know Daddy feels the same way. I remember meeting you for the first time after 27 hours of long anticipation (and actually it was a lot longer than that if you think of all the months leading up to going to the hospital:) ). You were just perfect in every way.....the way you looked, the way you moved and yes even the way you cried. I remember being so extremely exhausted but busting to hold you and kiss you and love on you. I remember all the times in the next few days at the hospital trying to learn each other..... I remember how fustrated I was, but also how determined. I can remember daddy always wanting to change you and hold you even when we had lots of visitors at the hospital. I remember all the visitors you had at the hospital because everyone wanted to meet you. I can remember daddy and myself bringing you home from the hospital and how you were so tiny in your carseat. I also remember how I wanted everything about those first moments you first came home to be savored and remembered forever. And now it's been a year since God blessed me and daddy with you..... It doesn't seem possible. Blainey, I always knew I wanted to be a mom, but this is different....I not just a mom.....I get to be your mom! I have loved watching you grow day after day, week after week and month after month. I have laughed until I've cried at some of the things you have done, and I've also cried along with you at others. I think one of my absolute favorite things you do is how you hug me and give me your big wet (open mouth...with tongue protruding) kisses.....but as I think about all the things you have done and how you've grown this past year to even begin to name all of the memories we have made this year would be impossible!(so I refuse to even try to begin).... I know that both my life and daddy's life has been changed forever!! We are so very proud of you and feel very honored to be your mommy (mama) and daddy (da)! You are amazing Blaine Bear and nothing you can ever do will change just how much I love you!!! I pray that you always know I love you so much! I pray for the man you will one day become, although to even think about you growing anymore brings me to tears.....in some ways because I'm so proud and am excited to see just how God will work out his plan for your life and in other ways because I want to make time slow down and cuddle you forever! I know that daddy and I won't be perfect parents and we'll have our ups and downs as a familiy, but I hope that no matter what the rest of your life brings or where you are in life, you know "I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, and as long as I'm living (and even after that), my baby you'll be." Happy FIRST Birthday pumkindoodle!....hope there are many more we can celebrate together! Love, Mama

3 comments:

  1. Dear Blaine,
    It seems like just yesterday I met your mother. I've been blessed with 19 years of her friendship. She's amazing (of course, your daddy is, too)! It also seems like just yesterday she was calling me to tell me her exciting news. It's hard to believe it's been one year since you blessed your parents with your arrival! Happy Birthday, Blaine! I hope you have many, many more!
    With much love,
    'Aunt' Laura :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok... 2 days in a row your blog has made me cry! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thiswas absolutely beautiful Shannon! I cried like a baby. You are a wonderful mother and Blaine, and the new one to come has a wonderful person to look up to and to guide them along the way!!

    ReplyDelete