Hooray! I thought it would never happen...but it has!!! Blaine is babbling...saying "bye, bye" and "dada"....and we coudn't be more excited (especially Scott since Blaine is saying "dada")!!! It's so funny, last Sunday when we picked Blaine up after church, my friend Jill, who keeps Blaine in the nursery, ran up to us and was like "He waved and said 'hi'! He totally knows what the waving means".....How exciting to see him put together words and actions. Whew! The Speech-Language Pathologist part of this mommy was getting worried about my sweet angel not babbling...ha! But I guess as I've said before he'll do it when he's ready.....and same for crawling. Matter of fact, he's still working on that.....and face plants into the rug and floor seem to be quite freqent these days....poor baby! It's so fun to watch Blaine get up on all fours and rock, but it's not too fun when he does one of his face forward dives. He'll eventually get it though...... And the other really cute thing that Scott and I have noticed is that Blaine has started patting his leg to call the dogs.....I guess he really is watching mommy and daddy closely!....and that is a bit scary.... for me.....
On a very different note....we were able to see Baby Jones #2 this week on our sonogram. It's quite a different sonogram than our first one with Blaine, seeing as how I was only 5 weeks 4 days with Blaine and I am already 10 weeks this time. We also have a due date....August 14th! But Dr. Dawson said he'd schedule my C-section sometime the week before. August....wow! When I think of August....lots of things come to my mind.....first one HEAT! I am not really excited about being super pregnant in the heat of August! (nor June or July for that matter). Also, August is a special month for our family. There are tons of birthdays and anniversaries in that month. Let's see if I can remember them all.....August 9th--my Mammaw's birthday, August 15th--my sister, Madison's birthday and my Mammaw and Pappaw's anniversary, August 20th-my Pappaw's birthday, August 26th-my momma's birthday, August 28th--my father-in-law, Ronny's birthday......whew!.....but the birthdays and anniversary are such a special time/thing(s) that it makes August great! And I can't help but hope the Baby Jones #2 will be born on my grandmother's birthday (the 9th).
Yesterday, we also celebrated Christmas with Scott's family since alot of 'em were out of the country on Christmas day. It was super fun! Loved the family time... and we got some pretty special gifts too. Uncle Jeff and Aunt Brea (Sabrina) gave each 'family' the letters to spell JONES and on each letter were calloged pictures of our family. It is so cool! (and quite crafty) Then Greg, Dee and Gabi gave each 'family' two pictures....one of Grandmother and Grandaddy Jones....(Scott's grandparents) and one of Grandmother Jones. That was really special too because we dont have any professional pictures of them. And of course we got some fun stuff too.... What a great Christmas in January celebration. Now we just have to figure out when we can do Christmas with my family:)
I CAN'T believe you forgot - I'm AUGUST 14th! It's an omen! Don't induce early!!!
ReplyDeleteExciting to hear all of Blain's firsts! His rocking tells you he's curious...it will all fall in line soon - then you'll look at Scott and say "remember the good ol' days when he had to sit where we put them and he couldn't talk back! HA!
I miss y'all :(
And I love ya!