To our friends and family....

We hope this site brings lots of smiles and much happiness! We love you all!

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas cheer


So 2009 has definetly been a year to remember. Our lives (meaning mine and Scott's) are forevered changed, but for the best I must say; we welcomed our first baby boy into the world in April. It has been a great ride since April. We really didn't know we could love our little man as much as we do. We look forward to all the years of being parents....it's gonna be great!
We are really excited to welcome 2010, as we have some fun things that are bound to happen this year too:)

Here are a few pictures of Blaine's first Christmas season.....hope you enjoy them as much as we have.....

Daddy and Blaine posing for a quick picture. These two are going to keep me on my toes;)
So we had the opportunity to visit with some old friends, Justin and Hillary (and their sweet daughter Zoe) during there stay in Bryan. The babies loved playing and watching each other. (This was the only picture we got of both babies looking at the camera and sitting next to each other.)


After the Christmas Eve service and before daddy's delicious homemade Chicken 'N Dumplins, which I think will become a Christmas Eve tradition for our family:)



Blaine (with Daddy) standing up behind all his new toys.

Love this boy.....love this picture. I can't believe Blaine has already experienced his first Christmas......

Blaine enjoying playing with some of his new toys while mommy and daddy opened their Christmas presents.

This is probably one of my favorite things Scott does for me at Christmas. I guess it's becoming a tradition. He gets a cute hat box and fills it with goodies for me (snow globe, lotions, ornament, Christmas decorations, and other goodies I always love:) )

Daddy opening some of his gifts, which all seemed to be COP toys---well except the extension cord Blaine and I surprised him with:)
Whooohooo! Running pants.....
to go with my running shoes and workout videos....okay I have no more excuses.....
Grandaddy spent all morning and part of the afternoon with us celebrating Christmas...and he got a couple of surprises too.

So this Christmas was a bit different from years before. Partially because we have a new addition to the family:) but also because for the first time since Scott and I have known each other, we did not travel. Being at home and being able to relax was nice. We spent the morning opening gifts. Blaine was so much fun to watch; he loved unwrapping the presents and at first really seemed to like the paper more than his new toys as he kept trying to eat every piece he ripped off. Grandaddy came over around 9 to spend the day with us since Grandmother (Kay), Greg, Dee and Gabi were in Estonia and our Christmas celebration at their house wont be until into January. Once Grandaddy arrived we stuffed ourselves with breakfast casserole and cinnamon rolls:), only to eat a pretty big lunch a few hours later.
Later that afternoon, Scott, Blaine and I went to Grandmother and Grandaddy Raborn's for about an hour. It was a good visit and we were glad we were able to go.
All in all, Christmas day was quite relaxing and sort of well, slow. We are so excited about the Christmases (is that how it is spelled..ha) to come......it's going to be so much fun.
Blaine is now 8 months old and boy is so much fun. He loves to laugh and play. He hasn't started crawling yet (but this boy has already shown me he will do things on his timing!;)) but he rolls and sorta scoots on his knees to move around. He has really started climbing all over us when we hold him; so much sometimes I can barely hold him. I am constantly amazed how smart he is......and how he is constantly entertaining himself. He loves feeding himself cheerios, reading books, watching the dogs and other children.....matter of fact, he squeals, laughs and kicks when he even sees other kids.
Here's Blaine's 8 month picture with his Safari animals.

And with his giraffe.....

So this year has been great! And we could not have really asked for anything more......The Lord has truely blessed our family.
And we know God has another little blessing waiting in 2010..... Check out Blaine's shirt that Scott made!:)
So come to think of it...I may have an excuse about keeping on my weight (and more) after all....ha!

3 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!! so excited for yall!! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When are you due? We are having a baby too! I am due August 3. I was so excited to see the news! Your family is precious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I laughed when I saw the picture of Blaine with his arms around the elephant and giraffe! Today - stuffed animals, 16 years from now - the ladies!
    Another precious Jones baby - Yay!!
    We're so excited for you guys and miss you a TON. Keep us updated and we'll be praying for baby Jones #2!

    ReplyDelete