This week has definitely been a hard one for so many that are dear to us.
A friend of mine had THIS SONG posted on her blog and I have been playing it
over and over again just praying for my family and friends.
I do not understand the hows and whens of God's plans, but I hope that no matter trials or sorrowful times I have ahead, I will always trust my Lord and believe the words to this song.....
V!
There is strength within the sorrow, There is beauty in our tears
You meet us in our mourning, With a love that casts out fear
You are working in our waiting, Sanctifying us
When beyond our understanding, You are teaching us to trust
Chorus
Your plans are still to prosper, You have not forgotten us
You're with us in the fire and the flood
Faithful forever, Perfect in love
You are sovereign over us
V!
There is strength within the sorrow, There is beauty in our tears
You meet us in our mourning, With a love that casts out fear
You are working in our waiting, Sanctifying us
When beyond our understanding, You are teaching us to trust
Chorus
Your plans are still to prosper, You have not forgotten us
You're with us in the fire and the flood
Faithful forever, Perfect in love
You are sovereign over us
V2
You are wisdom unimagined, Who can understand your ways
Reigning high above the heavens, Reaching down in endless grace
You are Lifter of the lowly, Compassionate and kind
You surround and You uphold me, Your promises are my delight
BR
Even what the enemy means for evil
You turn it for our good, You turn it for our good and your glory
Even in the valley You are faithful
You're working for our good, You're working for our good and your glory
You are wisdom unimagined, Who can understand your ways
Reigning high above the heavens, Reaching down in endless grace
You are Lifter of the lowly, Compassionate and kind
You surround and You uphold me, Your promises are my delight
BR
Even what the enemy means for evil
You turn it for our good, You turn it for our good and your glory
Even in the valley You are faithful
You're working for our good, You're working for our good and your glory
I think Scott and I have been reminded once again just how temporary life really is....
That life is not always 'happy' but through Christ we have hope!!
A hope that is beyond this sinful, hurtful world!!
There is so much on my mind and heart that I don't think I can adequately express all my thoughts and emotions. But I will stand on God's promises. I will pray for those that I love to feel His comfort and love and they will be reminded of His promises!!!
Prayer list:
Erin Albright and Emily--Our friend Jason Albright was killed a week ago this past Friday. As he stopped to help a lady trapped in her car, he was hit from behind and lost his life. A true testament to his life....he died serving others. He leaves behind Erin, his wife and baby girl Emily, who is not even 6 months old yet.
My Moo-Moo--She has had cancer and recently been told the cancer is gone (Praise God!!). She has had a lot of troubles and has not been able to eat and keep anything down. She has lost lots of weight and just has not felt well. This past Friday she had surgery to remove scar tissue to hopefully alleviate the pain and help her to be able to eat.
Friends who are in the adoption process--Scott and I have some friends that we know from Bryan that are in the process of adopting. They are adopting from Russia. As I am sure most of you reading this know that recently all adoptions to the US from Russia have been stopped. Please pray for this family and their little man. They have already meet him and he is waiting......
Lylabeth King--Lylabeth is very, very dear to me and Scott. She and her husband Art not only taught us in Sunday school for several years while we lived in Bryan, but I would say they mentored us as well. We have always thought the world of the Kings. This past May Art was killed while on a fishing trip with one of his sons and some friends. Please pray for Lylabeth as she is really feeling the loss of her husband.
My friend Ashley--Ashley has had colon cancer twice now. She recently just found out that she has cancer again and is starting her chemo. Ashley is only 26 years old.
Our friends that are going to the ends of the earth--We have some very, very, very dear friends that will soon be leaving to go teach English and share the love of the Lord on the other side of the world! Please pray for them and their children as they prepare and adjust!!
Our friends that are going to the ends of the earth--We have some very, very, very dear friends that will soon be leaving to go teach English and share the love of the Lord on the other side of the world! Please pray for them and their children as they prepare and adjust!!
Also I have a friend that has the stomach bug, several friends who are expecting and some friends who are battling infertility. Please keep all of them in your prayers too!!
And remember Psalm 118:24 "This is the day that Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it" DON'T YOU DARE TAKE T HIS DAY FOR GRANTED!! USE IT TO PRAY FOR AND HELP OTHERS AND MAKE HIS NAME FAMOUS!!
No comments:
Post a Comment