To our friends and family....

We hope this site brings lots of smiles and much happiness! We love you all!

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Why not update the blog?...it's only 3:30 in the morning and I have nothing else to do.

Yeah, it's been another month. I have just decided my updates will be random and I am okay with that.
Other than constant ear infections for Blaine, it's been a pretty good month. Our little man had developed so much. He has started really sitting up now, eating baby food really well, giving smooches, playing with and pulling hair and getting around the house in his walker. Blaine also loves the dogs and face dives into their fur to give them some of his smooches!
So we took Blaine to the doctor today (or yesterday rather) and he still has the same ear infection (which makes 6 weeks!....poor baby). We were told that in two weeks, after he finishes the 3rd medicine for this infection, if he wasn't better to take him to an ENT for an evaluation for possible tubes.....:(
On a lighter note, I've been amazed at the little man. I mean just all of a sudden one day, it was like Blaine decided that sitting up was cool. Now, he loves to sit up and play with his toys. Matter of fact, he has a toy that he sits in front of and spins this wheel to play music. I'm convinced he loves to impress me and Scott, as he will reach for it when we say "play the music". Okay, maybe not all the time, but he does.
I'm not sure where Blaine is putting all his food, because he's still a lil' man, but boy does he love his food. He eats up to 12 oz of baby food in one sitting and then still drinks some milk...all to do it again 3-4 hours later! The kid has a high metabolism, what can I say? We've recently tried more textured foods (soft of course) and he is just not having much of that. However, I did successfully give him a few bites of a baked potato and sweet potatoes at Thanksgiving. Aunt Sara was pretty successful too.
So Blaine loves to be loved on. He loves kisses from mommy (me) and daddy (Scott). He also loves to grab our faces and give open mouth (with his tongue sticking out) smooches of his own. Who doesn't love slobber kisses?....I mean come on....it doesn't get any better than that.
Blaine also loves my long hair. Sometimes I get quite annoyed with this fact. On the other hand, I know in a few years, I'll look back and really miss the fact Blaine loves to run his hands through my hair (and pull the mess out of it) while he's eating. It is somewhat sweet because it seems to almost be a comfort for him.
On one of our trip to Mississippi lately, Mammaw and Pappaw bought Blaine a walker and boy does he love it. Just a couple of weeks ago, Scott and I were walking around the house picking up and we looked behind us and there is Blaine. It's great to watch him get in the doorways and maneuver his walker around. He loves to "walk" into our room when we are getting ready and just hang out. And it's nice that he's able to get around a bit, so now he doesn't have to cry when we leave the room.....because he can just follow us!
So did I mentioned Blaine loves the dogs? I mean no matter what is going on, he stops and watches the dogs (which is sort of annoying when you are trying to feed the boy). He loves when they get close to him, which for some unknown reason they continue to, because he loves to grab their fur (and skin) and pull so hard! He's also been known to hand out a few open mouth smooches to them too!:) The best part, the dogs love Blaine too.
Well, that pretty much sums it up for Blaine.....other than mentioning Blaine stayed the night away from us for the first time this weekend. He spent the night with Uncle Jeff and Aunt Brie (Sabrina), while we enjoyed the wedding festivities....thanks Uncle Jeff and Aunt Brie!
Scott and I are doing great. Just loving being married and being parents.
Overall, we've had a great month, with some highs and some lows. For the not so good news first.....Scott's grandmother was recently put on hospice. We've been able to see her a little; it was good to be able to see her for Thanksgiving Day as well. For the good news..... First of all we are going to have a new addition to the family. No we aren't pregnant, but Greg and Dee are! Congrats guys! We can't wait. We've also managed to have a few date nights along the way and enjoyed our trip to watch The Tide roll over lswhoo? (thanks to Linda and Mama Belle for watching Blaine and Mammaw and Pappaw for the food, fun times with you both and the tickets!) which we thoroughly enjoy and have some great times with friends and family. He are a few photos of the past month.....
Us with the beautiful bride, Anna, this past weekend. What a fun night dancing and making great memories with new and old friends!

Who says you can't be cool once you become "Mommy" and "Daddy"?

Dancing the night away...and having a blast! I love you Scott Jones:)

Congrats Erik and Anna! We love you guys and are so grateful to have life-long friends like the two of you!

Before the dancing, good eats and fun times at the reception.

At the rehearsal dinner. Yeh for faquitas, margaritas and great speeches for a great couple!

At Erik and Anna's rehearsal dinner....

Our little giraffe. Isn't he precious?!?!

Mommy and Blaine at FBC's Trunk or Treat

Blaine loves his Grandaddy! And Grandaddy loves showing Blaine off to everyone!

At 6 months.....

Happy Birthday Kayla! We love you!

What can I say?...Blaine knows a pretty girl when he sees one. We seriously couldn't get him to take his eyes off Anna and look at the camera. Watch out Erik!
We feel so blessed! We have made some great new friends and had fun times making memories with friends, old and new. Maybe I'll post more pictures from this past weekend....and then again, maybe it'll be one of those things that I get around to in another month...ha!
I'm going to bed....maybe since I've been up an hour, I'll be able to sleep!


1 comment:

  1. i sure wish ya'll lived a little closer. i miss you all.

    I LOVE YA!!

    POPS

    ReplyDelete