It's been awhile....
too long I suppose....
We have been very busy and have lots of news to share....
Most of you reading this probably already are in the know, but back in September,
we moved our family back to Bryan, TX. It was a tough decision. We are so thankful for our time the past 2 years in Mississippi and have so many memories that we will forever cherish.
Here's some pictures to help document the past few months.....
Back in September, the boys had a blast playing at the Nickels house in the water sprinkler with their friends....
Popsicles are always a hit with this crowd:)
Scott and I after a 15 mile run together!! I am so glad he ran it with me:)
The boys climbing and posing.
Levi loves playing with his big brothers!!
Levi did wonderful for his 1 year pictures (that were a taken a month late;) ) with Katie McDill
(this one was from my phone)
This boy loves his beans!
We are so blessed in the fact that our house sold after being on the market only 2 weeks!!
Yes, we put our house on the market on a Thursday and exactly two weeks later, we were under contract!
So we started saying our goodbyes.....
Blaine saying goodbye to Raegan, his 'big church' buddy!
And both boys said goodbye to Andy and Catie-girl....
And to James, Emma and Ashley....
all such sweet friends!!
Moo-Moo got some snuggles when she came to say goodbye:)
The boys love Moo-Moo and her snuggles...
Saying goodbye to Mammaw and Pappaw was not easy!
The boys sure do love their Mammaw and Pappaw! And we knew they would miss M & P alot!!
And leaving Pops was sad too....
And leaving Pops was sad too....
The night before we left for Texas (while Scott and I drove to Jackson to pick up Ronny), the boys had TONS of loving from Gigi, Uncle D, Uncle P & Mr. Mark....
and Jodi and Kati!!
They loved reading their bible story and saying their prayers with Gigi....
And the next day the boys went to school (Mother's Day out) to say goodbye while the Uhaul was loaded (by Daddy and Grandaddy)....
Gigi met us at Fairview to get her last hugs from the boys before we set out....
I am so sad that we didn't get pictures with everyone else.....(if anyone has any send them our way....we want them!!)
We ended up leaving a little bit later than we wanted, but here we are all loaded up.
Scott drove his truck with a 20 ft trailer (FULL) behind him. Ronny drove the Uhaul and
the boys and I were in the van:)
We stayed in Vicksburg to break up the trip and finished the drive the next day.
We stayed with Grandmother and Grandaddy for about a week before closing on our new house in Bryan....
(with our realtor and friend, Judy Sweat)
I know, I know you are probably wanting to see more pictures of the house....but we will save that for another post;)...
The boys seemed to have adjusted pretty well....
We moved on a Friday and they started school on that Monday (pictured below) and
for the most part, have enjoyed their new school!!
Big smiles!!
Silly faces!!
One of the things the boys love the most about our new house is our new neighbors!!
Their friend Karson, who was in Blaine's class when we lived here before and is in Blaine's class again, lives on the other side of our cul-de-sac and so they have lots of fun getting together to play!
We all were able to be present for Scott's swear in and they boys loved it!!
Well, the boys loved being surrounded by police officers and the cookies and lemonade. We are all so very proud of Scott!! I felt honored to be able to pin him.
The boys have been growing so fast....
and are just as cute as ever!!
Blaine and Walt were surprised when they found out they were going to see Bob and Larry (from Veggietales)....they loved it!! Levi, on the other hand was not a fan....ha!
A couple of weeks ago, the older boys went to the Pumpkin patch with their class
and I was able to meet them there. (I just love having the opportunity to do that sort of thing)
Blaine and Walt with their friends Lily and Karson.
I couldn't resist getting pictures with my handsome guys!!:)
And most days, until just recently, the weather has been incredible!!
And we have taken FULL advantage of it...playing outside at home, going to the parks (yes, I said parkS...there are a ton here), taking wagon rides
and bike rides and enjoying our picnic lunches.....just soaking in the sunshine and amazing temperatures!!
And not much has changed with Levi and his food...he's still a good little eater...can you tell?
But he has started talking ALOT!...and saying a lot of real words....
Let's see, some of the words he has said just recently have been...
mine, no, Pappaw, bath, dog....and lots more that I can't think of right now.
(I know Moo-Moo, I need to make a list;) )
And guess what else this little fella can do??
Yup, he can crawl!! And he will from time to time or if I tell him to crawl....
he's not fast (yet) and he often finds his tummy and then starts giggling, but he can crawl!! Who wouldn't thought it when we took him to physical therapy right before we left.
And you know what else he can do??
He can cruise right around our coffee table and couches...
.he did that for the first time two Saturdays ago (10/26).....
And he has even been in a standing position without holding on to anything!!
But what I think impresses me the most is that he will hold our fingers and try to walk around.
He doesn't lift his legs straight out anymore...:)!
He is growing way to fast....and I have been trying to get all the loving and snuggles I can from that sweet baby face!! It won't be long and he will be toddling around here (sniff, sniff).
And I have still been training for that marathon Davis and I are planning on doing in December...(December...yikes that is like a month away)...and I am ready...
My longest run thus far has been 19 miles and I could still walk afterwards, so that's great!! ha!
Running and I still have a love/hate relationship I tell you!!
I love running because it gives me time to think....gives me time to be away in my own world....and gives me
opportunity to pray and enjoy God's creation (like the picture above that I took on a long run a couple of Saturdays ago) and listen to some good ole music, since I only listen to Christian in the car with the boys.
(Not that there is anything wrong with that but every now and then I like to jam to my 80's music...Bryan Adams, Aerosmith, etc....and yes, even some rap when I need a pick me up on my run!....I give my mom and Dad credit for my excellent taste in music)
And then I hate running because well, it hurts sometimes, it takes a lot of time and my dang feet are in desperate need of a pedicure!!
I can't wait until the BCS marathon December 8th; I can't wait to spank my previous marathon time, but I really can't wait to see my mom and brothers:)
So you may remember the Halloween party we had last year in Mississippi that we called Pumpkin Palooza!! Well, we stole the idea from our friends The Lacox's! And this year we joined their party celebration and had so much fun!!
(Melanie, Tracy and me)
And I am LOVING our family photo from the party!!
And on Halloween night, we went Trick or treating after playing and eating at Chick-fil-a!
The boys, oh I mean Batman (Walt) and Spiderman (Blaine) absolutely LOVED it!!
(And just for the record, I tried to dress Levi up, but he HATED it & I didn't even get a good picture:( )
As you can tell....
We've been busy and we've been blessed!!
Until next time.....





No comments:
Post a Comment