To our friends and family....

We hope this site brings lots of smiles and much happiness! We love you all!

Monday, October 3, 2011

This past weekend


Friday, Mammaw and I took the boys to the library for
Mother Goose's story hour. The boys loved it!
They had music and show and tell.

Blaine shaking his shakers and dancing during music time.
Walt laughed and clapped and played with the shakers during music time.

Well, if you didn't already know, I (Shannon) have been training for
the Dallas White Rock marathon (which is December 4).
My marathon training program, given to me through USAFIT from Bryan,
had to complete a half marathon race this weekend as part of my training.
Well, since we moved, there was no way I'd be able to compete in a
half marathon this weekend, mainly because there wasn't one anywhere near here this weekend.
With that being said....I did participate in a 5k race though.
(Thanks Mom for taking care of the boys:)...they had a blast!)
Since I was suppose to run 13.1, my plan was to run a few miles before and after the 5k race.
I did get 3.1 miles in before the race; totaling my mileage at 6.2 miles.
Although, I did not do 13.1 miles, I was pleased with my 5k time and my combined times
for all 6.2 miles.
Jennifer and I after the 5k race.
Jennifer and I ran together.....and finished in 26 minutes 21 seconds.

My time for the 3.1 miles prior to the race was 27 minutes and 17 seconds,
making my total time for 6.2 miles 53 minutes and 38 seconds; not too bad ey?

Old running buddies (and best friends growing up)
Laura and I ran cross country together for a few years in high school:)

Saturday, Aunt Linda and Mamoo (Mama Belle) came over to visit...
I'm sad to say, I forgot to get pictures.

We also visited the same church we've gone to the 2 Sundays prior and have
really liked this church. It has been so neat to hear the heart of the church during
Sunday school lessons and sermons. We are excited to see what the Lord has in store for us!




Sunday afternoon, we spent some time with Mammaw and Pappaw riding around on the farm
looking for deer and turkey. We all had sooooo much fun:)

And a little update on Scott....
He is still having pain, but seems to be feelings somewhat better;
he's just taking one day at a time:)

No comments:

Post a Comment