To our friends and family....

We hope this site brings lots of smiles and much happiness! We love you all!

Monday, September 26, 2011

New places, new adventures and a very close call....

I have not taken very many pictures of our new house,
new experiences and fun times so far :(

But until last night things here in Mississippi have been great.

So the good stuff first.....
We closed on our new house last Tuesday morning.
Most of the boxes are unpacked and most of our things are put away.
Scott started working at The Windsor last Monday and says he has
really enjoyed it thus far.
So our new house has 4 bedrooms (which is awesome!) and so
we decided to try putting the boys in separate rooms; I must say we
were not set on separating them.
The first night we stayed the night (which was last Wednesday, September 21)
Walt would not go to sleep easily, like he normally does.
Walt cried and cried. I went into his room several times to try and console him.
Finally, Scott and I decided to just put up the pack-n-play in the room with Blaine
and see if Walt would sleep better in the room with Blaine.
And wouldn't you know it?....Walt went right to sleep.
Soooo....the boys are sharing a room and they LOVE it!

The boys are growing so fast.
Blaine is just so energetic and talkative. Just the other day I remember thinking to
myself "Wow, I can not believe he just said that so clearly". Some of the things he says are
hilarious; I need to start writing them down.......
I can remember one, but I'm not necessarily proud of it, but
when the boys get extremely loud sometimes Scott and I will repeat a quote
from Toy Story "Zip it Buck Rodgers" (I have to be honest and tell you I have no idea
who Buck Rodgers is...) but the other day Walt was crying and crying at the table
and Blaine said "Walt, dip it But Waders".

Walt is getting so big himself.
He babbles a lot and actually repeats TONS (and I mean TONS) of words;
a lot of them are recognizable because he matches intonation patterns.
Walt still scoots everywhere and loves to be held. Although he is not walking,
he does cruise along the furniture; matter of fact, he cruises around our coffee
table so fast at times, it looks like he's racing. Walt loves his big brother too!
He constantly wants to do what Blaine is doing.
Walt still loves to eat!! And he'll eat almost anything!
He also loves to play in the boys playroom (the room that was suppose to be Walt's room).
He has also really started becoming attached to his green bear blanket; it's adorable how he
searches for and holds on to the bears arms:)

And now for the not so good portion of the update....
Sunday Scott was outside finishing up yard work and working on getting things
crossed off his to-do list for our new house.
One of the things that Scott wanted to do was get the leaves out of the gutters.
Well, somehow (Scott can better tell the details), Scott fell off the roof/ladder.
After a trip to the ER, an Xray and CT scan later, we found out Scott crushed his
L1 vertebrae! If what you are thinking is OUCH! then you are thinking right.....
I have never seen Scott in so much pain.....
According to the doctors, Scott crushed his vertebrae down to 30% of what it should be....
Not to make light of what has happened to Scott or anything, but we are so thankful
things were not worse; Scott has no nerve damage and everything should heal up.
The rotten part is that Scott will likely be in pain for 2+ weeks and he won't be able to
return to his normal physical activity fully until December (or so we are told).

More to come.....


1 comment:

  1. I've been waiting on an update! I was at Kristine's house Monday when you texted about Scott. So thankful he is okay.

    Granger has been cracking us up lately with what he says. Isn't this age so fun?! I love the things that come out of their mouths. It is hilarious. Definitely keeps us laughing.

    ReplyDelete